We are delighted at the great interest shown in the international conference on conservation of sculpture parks that will be held in Sisak, Croatia, September 14–16, 2015. As we have received many high quality papers, we have decided to increase the number of accepted papers to 15. We also decided to issue a call for posters, enabling those whose proposals for oral presentations were not accepted or who skipped the call for papers thinking that their topic was not suited for a talk to apply.
The “SPark” conference aims to address all aspects connected to conservation of outdoor sculpture collections, from technical questions on how to carry out the treatments to collection administration/management. Possible themes include, but are not limited to:
- Terminology (critical review of categories and terms that are used to describe outdoor sculpture display: sculpture park, sculpture walks, sculptural landscape etc.)
- Planning (collection curation, acquisition of sculptures, landscape planning)
- Documentation and mapping
- Maintenance plans (surveying and assessment, periodic cleaning, protective coatings)
- Deterioration mechanisms
- Conservation treatments (development of conservation strategies, analysis of materials, treatment execution, application of new materials and methods)
- Preventive conservation (community involvement, landscaping, relocation)
If you have an interesting subject that is connected to a topic of the conference, please complete the Poster Submission Form and send it to email@example.com by April 30th, 2015. Submissions will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee and successful proponents notified by May 10th, 2015.
All posters should be written and presented in English, the official language of the conference.
Dimensions and format
Poster dimensions should be 100 cm x 70 cm. The poster should be positioned vertically (portrait).
At the bottom of the poster please include:
“SPark: Conservation of sculpture parks
September 14–16, 2015
Poster set up and presentation
Posters should be printed and brought by each author to the conference. We will supply the materials for poster presentation.
The posters should be set up on the first day, before the registration opens, and will remain on display throughout the conference. Authors are expected to be at their poster during the poster session, scheduled to take place at the second day of the conference. (Poster session will be indicated in the conference program.) Each author will have three minutes for oral presentation of his/her poster.
Dates to remember
Deadline for application: April 30th, 2015
Notification of outcome: May 10th, 2015
Conference: September 14–16, 2015
Download the Call for Posters in PDF format: “SPark” Call for Posters